Monday, May 02, 2005

Odd sounding numbers

So Pew has a new study out that says 25% of Internet users read blogs. No way these numbes are right. Now I work in marketing, surrounded by incredibly bright people that are on top of where consumer trends are going. Yet if I look around just my immediate marketing group of 13 people, I would say only one or two read blogs (or have ever read blogs). That's no where near the 25% that Pew claims. Dig a little further and I bet the question was worded to the effect of "have you ever read an online commentary". Call me a skeptic, but something just doesn't seem right...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

I'm new to your blog. Anyway, I agree with you on those Pew numbers. I sell enterprise blogging software - Ideascape - and 95% of the calls I make are to businesses that are clueless. Huh! They don't even know what a blog is.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home